Skip to main content

mad hatter.


  The anger is setting in.  I want to punch, or kick pretty anything, my temper is short, I’m irritated by almost everything.  Mostly, I want to make “them” hurt as much as I’m hurting.  The “them” are those responsible for my Gavin’s death.  I want them to feel the loss, the emptiness, the unbearable hurt that I feel.  No amount of money is enough to pay for a life.  I’m having difficulty finding an outlet for this anger ... it’s maddening.  Going as hard as I can at the gym only satisfies so much these days.  I try to muster my anger and put it all into lifting, but it only seems to intensify my feelings. 

  The intensity of my emotions makes me crazy.  It’s either all or nothing.  Don’t get me wrong, I have days that are quite enjoyable, I laugh, I smile.  But often, more often then I’d like to admit, I’m either sad/angry or feel nothing at all.  The numbness is confusing.


Maybe I should take up kickboxing ...

Where are you, Gavin my love?  Please come home ...

Oh no, did I get too close?
Oh, did I almost see what's really on the inside?
All your insecurities
All the dirty laundry
Never made me blink one time

I will love you unconditionally
There is no fear now
Let go and just be free
I will love you unconditionally

Come just as you are to me
Don't need apologies
Know that you are worthy

I'll take your bad days with your good
Walk through the storm I would
I do it all because I love you.

Acceptance is the key to be
To be truly free
Will you do the same for me?

I will love you unconditionally
And there is no fear now
Let go and just be free
'Cause I will love you unconditionally


"Unconditionally" - Katy Perry


-chelsea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the heart of a counsellor.

  Living in Calgary the past few months has taught me many things.  Studying counselling and psychotherapy so closely has taught me even more.  Life is a constant string of learning and growth, if you're doing neither of these you'll wake up one day when you starting moving backwards in life, instead of forwards.   Through my program, I am required to attend personal counselling sessions for more insight into myself and all that.  It's been an interesting process seeing things from both the counselling side and the client side ... I've come to be convinced every person could benefit from a few boughts of counselling, even if they don't think they need it.  With my counsellor (we'll call her Carrie), I talked through some social anxieties I've had for many years, but just recently these anxieties have been escalating to somewhat of panic attacks.  Not often, but every now and then only if my worries and emotions go unchecked.  We theorized that so...

Consumed.

What would you do if you weren’t afraid? Think of that for a second .... There are so many possibilities of what you could do if fear was not a factor.  The funny thing about fear is that for a specific moment or situation, it has it’s place.  It’s completely reasonable to be afraid of scorpions if you don’t know how to handle them without getting stung.  I was told not to walk in grassy fields because there are scorpions, snakes, and more importantly land mines and mortars.  I think it’s reasonable to be cautious of these areas.  It makes sense for me not to wander through fields here, there are dangers.  But it would be completely insane if I avoided fields in Canada because the level of danger is significantly lower. This same principle applies to our lives.  Our fears had validity at one time, and our shields where useful during those times.  But if we carry around our shields, cautiously applying them to every situation, we look ridiculous a...

Thrown away.

  I'm not too sure how to start this one, it's gonna be a little sensitive for me.  I'll start off with telling you the story.   Two days ago, one of our house-moms left with her teenaged daughter.  She had a debt to repay and felt it would be better if she got a job in the sewing factory to repay that debt.  She had her life savings with her ($50 USD), and gave a couple days notice.  The day she was planning on leaving, someone stole her money (theft has been a bit of a problem here lately).  In tears, she came to Marie asking what she should do.  We replaced the money she had lost, prayed over her and sent her and her daughter on their way.  But not without trying to persuade them to stay, and making sure they knew that should they decide to come back, we have a place for them.   Leaving Rescue is probably the worst decision this woman could have made for herself and her daughter.  She has AIDS.  Rescue p...